Please read carefully, sign and return with your completed Booking form and deposit cheque/full payment as appropriate
1. The property known as “Villa Folly” (the Property) at 1238 Vale do Lobo, is offered for holiday rental, subject to confirmation by Mrs. Debbie Spengler (the Owner) to the renter (the Client). The Owner shall be at liberty to appoint an agent (Agent) designated from time to time who shall be based in Vale Do Lobo or such other location as the Owner directs.
2. The tenant or tenants jointly and severally hereby agree to take good care of the Property, its contents, fixtures and fittings, and to leave it clean and tidy and to replace any breakages at the end of the rental period. This is the main condition of acceptance of booking the property for the rental period.
3. To reserve the property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with the initial non-refundable deposit of 25% of the full rental charge, and a signed copy of the terms and conditions. Following receipt of the booking form, terms and conditions and deposit, the owner will send confirmation of the booking stating when the outstanding balance is due. This is formal acceptance of the booking.
4. The balance of the rent must be received not less than six weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date the Owner will impliedly be entitled to assume that cancellation has occurred and will seek to re-let the property. If the Owner cannot re-let the property before the start date of the rental period the Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., since these are not covered by the Owners insurance.
5. The Owner reserves the right in exceptional circumstances to cancel the bookings. Any money received will be returned and this would be the limit of the Owner’s liability. Every effort would be made to find alternative accommodation.
6. A security deposit in the sum of £500 will be required by the owner when the balance of the rent is settled. This is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents, loss of keys etc. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owners. At the end of the rental period and following confirmation by the Agent to the Owner that no damage has occurred, the owner will return or destroy the security deposit as requested by the Client.
7. The Client is responsible for ensuring that the villa is fully secure at all times. In the event of loss or damage occurring as a result of the villa being unsecured, then the Client will be responsible for any costs incurred.
8. The Agent is required to have in their possession, passport or identity card copies of all the people residing in the Property. Therefore, these copies must be forwarded to the Owner when the final rental balance is settled.
9. The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owners shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. No tenancy or legal status of occupancy is created by these terms and conditions.
10. The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed the number stated on the booking form, unless written permission has been given by the Owner.
11. The Owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
12. If, in the opinion of the Owner or her Agent, the Client or a member of the Client’s party behaves in a manner causing or likely to cause danger, serious nuisance or damage to the Property or the Vale do Lobo Resort, the Owner reserves the right to terminate the Client’s tenancy forthwith and without refund of money paid. The Client also agrees not to act in a way which would cause disturbance or annoyance to those resident in the neighbouring properties.
13. If it is felt that there are reasonable grounds for complaint about the Property, the Owner or her Agent must be contacted immediately so that appropriate action can be taken. No such matters can be dealt with after the completion of the Client’s holiday.
14. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client: a) for any defect or stoppage in supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant machinery or appliance in the property; b) for loss, damage or injury which is as a result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner; c) for any disturbance or inconvenience caused as a result of any building works occurring close to the property; d) for any loss, damage or inconvenience to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all the sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
15. Under no circumstances shall the liability to the Client exceed the amount paid for the rental period.
16. Pets are not permitted in the Property.
17. The Property offers air conditioning and a pool heater. Both of these services attract an additional weekly charge as stated on our website. If these services are not pre-booked, then the Client agrees that they will not be used.
I accept the above Terms and Conditions and agree that they are reasonable.
Name: (capital letters, please): ........................................................